Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Back to the eye doctor

I have had a really good week.  I am so thankful for the prayers and comments from so many friends and family.  My eye is much better than last week physically, but my sight is really about the same.  So keep praying for restored sight if that is part of God's plan for me.

I went to the eye doctor yesterday and the eye looks good.  Dr. Lee did an ultrasound yesterday and is sending me to a retina doctor tomorrow and for a CT scan with dye this week as well.  The nurse told us these are very standard things for eye injuries such as mine and not to worry.  I return to Dr. Lee in two weeks to discuss any findings from these other appointments.  Dr. Lee was able to answer several questions I had.  I can begin easy exercise (no heavy lifting or straining type exercises), I don't have to wear the shield at night (so no more sticky tape residue to remove each morning), and the stitches get to stay in place for 6 months (I was really hoping this timeframe would be shortened - but it wasn't).

So I will continue to pray for healing and know that the Lord is in control.  Many of you have commented on my facebook and I am so thankful for your encouraging thoughts and prayers.  And one scripture was posted to my wall that I am thankful for after yesterday's visit is, "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10".



No comments: