Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Sparks for Jesus

Today I was able to start my new duty as Interim-Sparks Director for our church. I wanted to try and come up with a fresh idea for the new year. Then I remembered the song we sing each week - We are Sparks for Jesus, Sparks to light the world, we will shine for Jesus as we tell each boy and girl... The song is simple and it has a basic message and we need to cover the basics and make sure the children understand - What is Sparks? Why are we here? So for the next 6 weeks we will be reinforcing the S.P.A.R.K.S. acronym and the verse that goes along with each letter. So I now have a coloring sheet for each letter, copies made and in each room just waiting for the children to arrive this evening. I am very thankful for a sweet young lady who had already prepped all the classrooms with all the other necessary leader information. Because of her work, I had time to look through all of our supplies and become familiar with the behind the scenes stuff. I found great things made by other leaders that I was able to re-use. Lastly, I thought we needed a rolling cart to hold some of the items we use each week. But it was Wednesday morning and I didn't have time to shop (or PO approval to spend) - but the Lord is gracious and He did provide. I walked down the hall to the resource room and what did I find - A ROLLING CART - it may seem insignificant to you, but it was the Lord blessing me for serving him in this role. So thanks to all the Sparks leaders - I look forward to serving the Lord with you for the next 5 months.

No comments: